The EBCOG scientific committee has designed this series of sessions with participants’ needs in mind, aiming for an immediate impact on their daily practice. These sessions come in three innovative educative formats led by an expert team.
Spots for each workshop are limited – Skill sessions attendance is strictly limited to congress participants. An extra 50€ (VAT incl.)/session registration fee applies.
1- HANDS-ON TRAINING
Benefit from the experience and know-how of experts on a specific topic during hands-on trainings. Handle devices, watch and take part in demonstrations on models and more!
HOT 1 - Management of post-partum haemorrhage
- Assessment of patient - total volume of blood lost - using charts and haemodynamic parameters (MEOWS chart) + swabs and towels soaked in coloured ink - Agnes Simon
- Balloon Tamponade station - Diogo Ayres de Campos
- Antishock Garments - demonstrate the use and for participants to try on each other – S. Arulkumaran
- Brace compression sutures - B Lynch and modifications - Christy Burden
HOT 2 – Gynaecological ultrasound
The workshop will consist of four stations, two with simulators and two with ultrasound machines and mannequins. Five delegates will spend 20 minutes on each station with a member of the faculty and will rotate to the next station.
Station 1 - Simulation: Principles of image optimisation
Station 2 - Simulation: Review and scanning of common gynaecological pathologies
Station 3 - Ultrasound machine and mannequin: Use of ultrasound machine controls
Station 4 - Ultrasound machine and mannequin: Orientation principles, scanning technique and measurements
HOT 3 - Basic obstetric manoeuvres
Basic principles for conducting vacuum and forceps deliveries and resolving shoulder dystocia - Diogo Ayres-de-Campos
Vacuum delivery - Diogo Ayres-de-Campos
Non-rotational forceps - Jacky Nizard
Resolution of shoulder dystocia - Christy Burden
HOT 5 – GESEA Bachelor Workshop
As part of its plan to standardise strategies and regulations for training in laparoscopy throughout Europe, the European Academy of Gynaecological Surgery (EAGS) in collaboration with ESGE and EBCOG has conducted extensive scientific research resulting in a validated programme of exercises for acquiring and testing laparoscopic psychomotor skills.
LASTTtm /SUTTtm is a validated assessment and certification method which measures and evaluates psychomotor skills in camera navigation, hand-eye and bi-manual coordination and laparoscopic suturing.
All exercises are executed in dry-lab set-up, with participants working together in pairs, and under the strict procedural guidance of instructors.
The participants will be exposed to the training and testing of skills for endoscopic surgery (laparoscopy and hysteroscopy) in preparation of the GESEA Bachelor Exam.
Participants will rotate through the different stations, 45 min of training at each station:
1. Laparascopic Skills Training and Testing or LASTT stations
2. Suturing Skills Training and Testing or SUTT stations
3. Hysteroscopic Skills Training and Testing or HYSTT stations
HOT 6 – Skills in diagnosis and repair of perineal tears
- Perineal ultrasound images
- Video of suture techniques
- Hands-on repair using animal models
2- INTERACTIVE COURSES
IC 1 – Step by step videos in Gynaecological Oncology
Pelvic anatomy and radical hysterectomy
Surgical anatomy in pelvic and paraaortic lymphadenectomy - implications on prevention of complications
Vascular, urinary and gastrointestinal anatomy and management of complications
IC 2 – Introduction to training the trainers
The extremely fast pace of technological development is changing medicine. Generic skills (leadership, teamwork, preventing conflict, giving feedback, communication etc) need to be taught to catch-up in human affairs development.
Tools to improve generic skills (SDI, reality model etc) will be presented and demonstrated.
IC 3 – How to write papers: the EJOG perspective
- How to write papers for publication and how to get them published
- How to do RCTs
- Why register trials
- How to do diagnostic / systematic reviews
IC 4 – POP and UI: exam skills, pessary, botox, PTNS
How to diagnose urinary incontinence
Examen skills for pelvic organ prolapse
Masked urinary incontinence
Video of BOTOX procedure and training (simulator)
Video of PTNS procedure and training
Pessaries: showroom and training
IC 5 – FIGO Intrapartum fetal monitoring
Physiology of fetal oxygenation in labour - Agnes Simon
Interpretation of the cardiotocograph - Diogo Aires-de-Campos
When to intervene - S Arulkumaran
IC 6 – Bring your own: Cesarean 10-group (Robson) classification
The programme will consist of an introductory lecture by Michael Robson 30 minutes with 10 minutes for questions. It will concentrate on the principles behind the development of the groups and how they easily can be interpreted and make conclusions about data quality and clinical perinatal practice issues.
Following this there will be a 10 minute break and using a standard data powerpoint slide which will be made available to each organisation or individual interested in presenting their own data. They will be encouraged to interpret their own data first and then Michael Robson will give his own reflection on their data at the end of each presentation. The time allotted to each presentation will depend on how many have their own data and are willing to present. It would be the intention to allow everyone one with data to present and also encourage everyone interested in presenting to send their data in prior to meeting and to use the format advised. Both of these points are important to allow the meeting to work effectively and for the information to be presented in a standardised manner.
In the event that there are not many presenting their data Dr Robson and Dr Haydar will present examples and datasets from a wide selection of countries and hospitals.
IC 7 – ISUOG interactive case discussion
1. Diagnosis of Chorionicity and amnionicity
2. Discordant anomaly in twin pregnancy
3. Twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome
4. Selective fetal growth restriction
5. Twin Reversed Arterial Perfusion
6. Twin Anaemia Polycythaemia Sequence
3- MASTER CLASS
Take part in a practical and interactive session containing packed with knowledge!
MC 1 – How to prevent litigation
Cartography or risks in G-O: the more frequent claims - Philippe Auzimour
How to prevent litigation related to patient information? - Antoine Watrelot
How to prevent litigation in laparoscopy: the psycho-technical prevention - Antoine Watrelot
New aspect of litigation in obstetrics
How to prevent litigation in hysteroscopy
MC 2 – The Louwen vaginal breech birth
Vaginal breech delivery (VBD) seems still a topic for experts. To reduce unexpected situations in VBD the normal course, expected findings, exclusion criteria and maneuvers are demonstrated and trained. Knowledge based treatment in breech at term could make the question clear whether breech is pathology or just a variation of normalcy.
MC 3 – Sexual medicine for gynaecologists: a practice guidance
Based on the biopsychosocial model of human sexuality participants will learn how to diagnose sexual dysfunctions and problems as multifactorial disorders and then develop an invidualized treatment plan including medical and psychotherapeuitc or psychosexual interventions.
MC 4 – Uterine and ovarian transplantation
Lectures on female fertility preservation focused on the surgical techniques (ovarian tissue cryopreservation and uterine transplantation).
MC 5 – Initiation course for microscopy of vaginal fluid
1. Is a microscope at the office obsolete?
2. How to do proper sampling and microscopy?
3. What should you diagnose?
4. Interactive review of slides
MC 6 – Ultrasound: second trimester challenges
• Brief summary of the national and international guidelines
• Image discussion on normal and abnormal cases.
MC 7 – How to improve the training program in your Department
After a 5 minute introduction, in a small group discussion you will design an ideal quality management program for medical education at your department. You will play a serious game. After this session you will receive the game to play it again with your colleagues in your own environment. It enables you to understand an plan state of the art quality management, and it gives insight in the infrastructure needed.
MC 8 – Tubal surgery in infertility
After completing this master class, participants will be able to:
• Learn the methods for assessing tubal patency and managing tubo-peritoneal infertility
• Update the techniques for tubal sterilisation reversal
• Describe the optimal strategy for the management of ectopic pregnancy
• Understand the principles and practice of assisted reproductive techniques following tubal surgery.
• Hysterosalpingography and endoscopy: the complementary tools for tubal infertility – Tubal recanalisation after sterilisation - A.Watrelot
• Best option for ectopic pregnancy: to operate or not? Management of interstitial pregnancy - A. Makrigiannakis
• A new chapter of tubal pathology: subtle tubal lesions and their impact on infertility - A. Watrelot
• ART after tubal surgery - A. Makrigiannakis
MC 9 – Recognizing the IOTA features
20 minutes topics
1- Ovarian masses: pattern recognition
2- IOTA Terms and definitions
3- Easy Descriptors & Simple Rules
4- ADNEX Model
5- Interactive session: How to use the IOTA models?
6- IOTA accreditation test
MC 10 – Expert assessment of the fetal heart
- To understand maternal & fetal indications for scanning the fetal heart;
- To differentiate between normal and abnormal fetal cardiac anatomy as studied by 2D and 3D ultrasound with focus on the 4-chamber view, the arterial outflow and venous inflow tract, and 3-vessel view;
- The potential of automatic fetal cardiac examination in a screening setting.
Each presentation will be followed by interactive knowledge testing
MC 11 – Colposcopy, HPV and cervical disease
- Recent developments in colposcopy
- Colposcopy in special scenarios: glandular disease and microinvasion
MC 12 – Management of complex monochorionic twins
1. Diagnose specific complications in MC pregnancies
2. understand the rationale of management algorithms in MC twins and
3. acquire the bases for providing counselling on fetal surgical techniques in complicated MC twins
The programme is made of lectures and cases presentation.
MC 13 - European Society of Contraception and Reproductive Health (ESC) - Teaching and Training Tool for IUDs
- Introduction: the ESC train the trainers course
- IUD overview
- Case presentation
- Counselling on IUDs - differences between copper-IUD and LNG-IUS
- IUD in special situations
- Quizz Kahoot